The Baronial A&S competitions are open to any gentle in River Haven or Neighbouring groups. Every 6 months the Barony sets A&S Competitions to encourage members to learn new skills or challenge themselves in areas they are passionate about.
Once competition category is set, people willing to enter will need to find a period item to suit the category. Research this item, look into what materials and methods were use to produce this item.
We understand that not all period materials are available so modern versions of materials are able to be used. We encourage entrants to be as period as possible but within their means.
What happens in a Baronial A&S Competitions
- Entrants will need to complete the Entry Form before or at the event, and provide the item to be entered, the entry form and any documentation to the A&S Steward running the competition.
- A&S Steward will be available to hand out entry forms and to collect entries for display.
- The entries will be displayed with an entry number while the items are being judged.
- There will be 3 judges which will be arranged prior or at the event.
- Once judging is completed the entrant’s name will be displayed with their item for a further period of time.
- Photos will be taken of the entries to display on website (to show off)
- Some competitions may be eligible for email submission but this will be noted in description of the Competition.
- Winners of the Competition will be announced in Court
- Entries will be able to collect with a comment and score sheet soon after the results are announced.
- Baronial Championship will be announced at the September Baronial.
September Baronial A&S (2018)
- Heraldic. Any display of heraldry in a period form. This gives great scope for your imagination.
- Illumination. Again, a very open category allowing a broad scope.
- An item your Persona would Wear or Use. Another broad category which will provide the maker with a useful piece of garb or kit.
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to ask – either at A&S or via e-mail or Facebook message.
Lochac Arts & Sciences Competitions
The categories up to November Crown are:
* Cheese and dairy
* Forged, and
* 16th Century
for more information see http://artsandsciences.lochac.sca.org/competitions/