Special Events Calendar
Here you will find a list of special events, such as Baronial Championship, Royal Events, Wars, Collegia, Festivals and the like.
If you were looking for the weekly meetings: click here.
Activities and Details are announced on the River Haven email list.
Updated: 5th April 2020. Page Refreshing is recommended.
Due to COVID-19 public events have been cancelled until further notice.
Please read the following pertaining to virtual events.
A scheduled digital activity that is sponsored by an SCA branch. This allows for court to be conducted, awards and announcements to be made, and
registration of some form is required. As defined in Corpora, requirements for participants are still to be upheld:
- Requirements for Participants at Society Events Anyone may attend Society events provided they wear an attempt at pre-17th century clothing,
conform to the provisions in Corpora, and comply with any other requirements (including but not limited to site fees or waivers) which may
be imposed. At business meetings and informal classes, the requirement to wear pre17th century dress may be waived. All participants are expected to
behave in an appropriate and respectful manner.
Event bids and approvals are as per usual a documented outline to be approved by the committee. If there is a financial aspect to the event, a
discussion must occur with the Kingdom Seneschal.
When considering the approval of an online event, please take the following details into account:
Name of Event
Event Type: Collegium or other
Bookings details (if required)
For variance approval, I will need answers to the following:
Will this be a one off event?
Is there a potential that court will be held?
How will attendance be recorded?
Will recording occur?
Will there be any participation fees?
A regularly occurring digital activities sponsored by a group, such as Arts and Sciences. The approval for this can be give once if there is
little difference between iterations. These meetings can be advertised on SCA official platforms (such as Facebook and group websites) and may occur
on other platforms listed below, however if there is a variance to the platform, the Group Seneschal and Reeve must approve this via email.
Approval process: approval through a branch council meeting and must
outline the following:
Day of Week
Type of activity: Demonstration / interactive discussion using video.
An regular or irregular meeting that may be designated as a group of people that have a common purpose such as branch councils, guilds and
other SCA sponsored identities. These meetings can be advertised on SCA official platforms (such as Facebook and group websites).
For regular council meetings, minutes and a list of attendees/apologies are still required. There is currently blanket approval for these
meetings, and they must be held as per advertised.
All other meetings may occur as per normal processes.
For all Australian Groups:
All Australian Branch sponsored events, activities and meetings must include acceptance to the SCA Ltd Code of Conduct at either registration
or sign in.
NOTE: Any meetings that occur on the Lochac Discord server have an acceptance of the SCA Ltd Code of Conduct.
Registration details (including name, membership number and phone/email) for an online event must be recorded and uploaded in the dropbox. In the
case of minors, the guardians contact details must be collected. You must keep a record of attendance for each activity held.
This could be a screenshot of participants that can be uploaded into the Dropbox.
Lochac YouTube Channel
All other platforms that are not on this list should be approved by
Masonry and the Kingdom Seneschal.
Please Note: Any events with an * are not approved events as of yet just date claimers
- River Haven – Red & White Seven Deadly Sins – Saturday 15th February
- River Haven – Dancing will commence on the last Sunday and continue on the last Sunday of every month – Check Face Book page for updates
- River Haven – Baron’s Fencing Event – Saturday 14th March
- River Haven – Petrie Old Town Demo – 18/19th BrisCon Demo
- Burnfield – Collegia – 1st – 4th May
- River Haven – Baronial Championship – 9th May
- Burnfield – Fraser Coast Show Demo – 21st – 22nd May
- Burnfield –Bundaberg Regional Show Demo – 27th – 29th May
- River Haven – Great Northern War – 5th – 8th June
- *River Haven & St Florian – Abbey
- Burnfield – Fraser Pop Demo – 18th July
- River Haven – Newcomers/Open Hall – 25th July
- Burnfield & Stegby – Fencing Fest – 7th – 9th August
- Stegby – Feast of Friendship – 22nd August
- Burnfield – Capricon Demo (Rockhampton) – 29th August
- River Haven – Baron’s Fencing Event – 12th September
- Stegby – NRAC – [26 – 27th] 19 – 20th September – Please note – This is a date change
- Burnfield – Annual Event – 2nd – 5th October
- Stegby – Stegfest – 31st October
- Stegby – Stegfest (continuation) – 1st November
- River Haven – Yule Event – 13th December
Please note, details are subject to change. Information will be added as received.
If you are running an event and would like information advertised on the website please contact the Web Wright with the full details of the event, costs, dates, and contact details.